[games_access] Motion Blur in Call of the Sea - Can't Turn Off

Andreas Lopez andreas.lopez93 at gmail.com
Wed Dec 9 07:02:55 MST 2020

Hey Everyone,

I hope someone here has contact with the developer of 'Call of the Sea',
Out of the Blue Games.

My friend and his girlfriend played the game last night and the motion blur
made it almost unbearable for them. The game itself is enjoyable if it
wasn't for that. Motion Sickness is a real problem that is sadly often
overlooked.

I would like to get a big push from our community towards the developer to
make the game more accessible by making the motion blur adjustable or even
that it can be turned off similar how Naughty Dog did in The Last of Us 2
or even in Action-packed games like the Call of Duty series.

There are also social media posts on how sadly someone had to get the game
refunded due to the terrible motion sickness that was experienced here:
https://twitter.com/caraidart/status/1274446964541870083?lang=en

<https://twitter.com/caraidart/status/1274446964541870083?lang=en>
In the meanwhile I will try to reach out to them myself, too.

Sincerely,

Andreas Lopez
Project Manager, Apprenticeship & Inclusion Advocate