[games_access] SIG discord?

Ian Hamilton i_h at hotmail.com
Tue Mar 19 11:38:42 MDT 2019

We've talked about this a few times before I know, but it has come up again.

On one hand - discord is where people already are, and there are already good discipline-specific accessibility channels within the user interface and user research discord servers.

On the other hand - discord has screenreader accessibility issues, particularly on mobile.

Is a cross-discipline discord channel something that people would want or use? If so, how to mitigate the accessibility issues? They'll have to be fixed sooner or later as they're in clear breach of CVAA, and the Discord team have claimed to have kicked off a program of accessibility improvements. But until that happens? Treat it as supplemental with the mailing list still the primary means of communication?

Ian