[games_access] accessible developer tools for blind / VI

Selwyn Lloyd selwyn at audazzle.com
Wed Jun 6 07:29:03 MDT 2018

Hi folks,

I am researching games dev tools for blind / VI. I'm writing to you for
knowledge or pointers in 3 areas. Hardware, Software tools and Learning
resources.

1.) I'm interested in data on hardware products similar to these made by
Baum.

Pronto 18
Pronto 40
Supervario
Visiobook
VarioUltra

2) I'm interested in the most accessible IDEs and games engines and their
interoperability with NDVA, JAWS or other screen readers.

3) I'm interested in online learning resources for would be developers who
are visually impaired. Udemy is great but I don't think I've completed a
course that would be much use to a VI developer. Similarly youtube has a
plethora of tutorials but seems there is a gap here.

Many thanks in advance

Selwyn

Mobile: 07979240124
skype: selwyn_lloyd

www.audazzle.com

Audazzle are developing inclusive and accessible multi-player game
experiences. We hope to impact social isolation. Our aim is to make video
games, board games and social opportunities that meet diverse accessibility
needs.

Nobody should get left out because of technology, all friends and family
members should be able to play games together.